Lindsay Hiller's Reviews > Impossible

Impossible by C.A. Gray

Adventurous story with an entertaining mix of history and magic!

I thoroughly loved this series from the first page of the first book! Peter’s reliance on physics was entertaining and believable, and Lily’s search for a place she fit in was endearing. The story was well written and well developed and I never found myself feeling either bored or rushed. This series was so captivating that I read it in three days.

Impossible is the third and final book in the “Piercing The Veil” series, and it concludes the story triumphantly. The Shadow Lord finally has the means to destroy Peter and his allies right as Peter loses his ability to fight back. The story is suspenseful and it ended with a twist I didn’t see coming.

In reviewing a story, I am always watchful for the quality of character development. That being said, one of my favorite parts of this story was the relationship between Peter and Lily. Their inability to understand each other was very realistic and perfectly fitting for their ages. Plus, their budding romance never once felt forced. The secondary characters were also well designed, with their own problems and emotions that added depth to the book without detracting from Peter and Lily. Some characters I loved and some I hated, as it should be.

My biggest complaint about Impossible was Peter and Lily’s performance during the final confrontation with The Shadow Lord. I hoped to see a more spectacular use of their powers and I was left a little disappointed. I also felt it should have been more difficult to retrieve the magical items from the Island of the Blessed. Neither of these were big enough to detract from the overall story, however, which I absolutely enjoyed!

Overall, C.A. Gray created an amazing world that was fully thought-out and filled with adventure. I greatly enjoyed reading this series and I wish there was more coming!

-Lindsay Hiller, from The Kindle Book Review
Author of bestselling Young Adult novel Reaper

“The Kindle Book Review received a free copy of this book for an independent, fair, and honest review. We are not associated with the author or Amazon.”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impossible.

Started Reading