Pamela 's Reviews > Twisted Engagement

Twisted Engagement by Sandi K. Whipple

did not like it
bookshelves: kindle, reviewed

What the hell did I just read? Shoot me now. Am I glutton for punishment or what? I seriously need my head examined. After reading one craptastic book, it seems I dove into another one except this one was worse. Not only was this novel a piece of crap, it was ridiculous and beyond cheesy. Hells bells I thought I was reading a fucking Harlequin novel written by Danielle Steel from decades ago. The writing was that corny. The story, the suspense, the romance, the characters - laughable and ridiculous on so many levels. Such cheese! Of course the hero is gorgeous, tall, rich, a nice guy, a great boss, and everyone likes him. The heroine is the typical smart, intelligent, and nicest person that everyone loves. She of course is a beautiful woman who has no idea how beautiful she really is, blushing every time the hero pays her a compliment. Wow! I guess with loving parents and friends, she's never been paid a compliment, suffering this unholy tragedy for 28 years. Such in-depth characters. Roll your eyes people. God knows I am. I have no one to blame but myself. Fine, I'd be lying if I didn't want to place blame on the readers who gave this novel five stars but in the end it's me who clicked "Buy." This is just one of those novels that I'm honestly embarrassed to have read. It's a good thing I'm not a gambler as I'd be walking away with just the shirt on my back. I think I need a break. Maybe watch some mindless television for a day or two, and pray. I mean pray really hard that the next book I choose to read is at least better than the last two I so regret ever coming across.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Engagement.

Started Reading
October 1, 2014 – Finished Reading
October 14, 2014 – Shelved
October 14, 2014 – Shelved as: kindle
October 14, 2014 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Jessi (new)

Jessi You have me laughing, Pamela. I was in the same boat with a shifter menage that had a good premise, but the writing just gor more and more ridiculous. Oy. What a waste of time. I just started a Ruthie Knox. She never leads me wrong. It's her naked beekeper book and it's rocking my world so far. Unfortunately, I'm 60% in and the beekeeper hasn't gotten naked yet. boo.

Pamela Jessi wrote: "You have me laughing, Pamela. I was in the same boat with a shifter menage that had a good premise, but the writing just gor more and more ridiculous. Oy. What a waste of time. I just started a Rut..."

I'm glad I made you laugh. Sometimes I feel bad for what I've written but the thing is it's how I feel, and I shouldn't have to apologize for it. But this one? I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I need to walk away and totally forget this one. Maybe I can pretend the last two days were a dream??

message 3: by James (new)

James Glass You may not have liked the book, but I loved reading your review. Very informative with some great theatrics. I was laughing so hard my grandson asked what was wrong.

message 4: by Candi (new)

Candi Cracking me up!!! They do want honest reviews, correct? Well that is what you gave them! Love it!

Pamela I'm glad you all liked my review and enjoyed a laugh or two. Somehow my honest reviews always seem to garner laughter, and I love it. That's not what I set out to do, and receiving comments like the ones I've recently received always make me smile. So thank you. :)

message 6: by Candi (new)

Candi Your reviews are the ones I want to read,so honest but not serious. Does that make sense? It gives me a true review! :)

Pamela Candi wrote: "Your reviews are the ones I want to read,so honest but not serious. Does that make sense?"

Yep, makes sense. Thanks. :) You might want to check out my other negative reviews if you find yourself feeling down.

message 8: by Candi (new)

Candi Great suggestion!! I am sure I will, I can always use a good chuckle!

Tammy Kabana I liked the book ! It is nice to see a happy ending and nice to see some people still have class...you on the other hand dont seem to have any HOW RUDE you are !

Pamela Come talk to me when you've read as many books as I have.