Tynga's Reviews > Claire de Lune

Claire de Lune by Christine   Johnson

Claire has never really lived a normal life. Missing dad and a mom always away for work or locked in her dark room, Claire has pretty much been raised by her housemaid Lisbeth. Her weird life got from bad to worst thought, on her 16th birthday, when a werewolf sighting crashed her party.

My review will be a little vague because I really don’t want to give away the plot. Christine built a very unique lore in her book, some twists to the traditional werewolves myths I’ve never read elsewhere before. And it made discovering Claire de Lune’s world that much more interesting. One of the sub plot was turning around a rogue werewolf killing humans and putting the pack at exposure risk. Christine made a good effort trying to mystify the reader, but I didn’t catch the lure. I think it was somewhat too obvious she was throwing a bone, but I’m confident she will develop more subtlety in her next books.

I loved the characters and I really believed Claire’s emotions. She was scared and lost and had no one to confide into. Worst, she had to hide and lie to her bestfriend and her crush. Her emotions were raw and true, and she fought for what she think is right. Claire’s crush, Matthew, is a very nice boy. Caught between a rock and a hard place because his convictions are different from his father, he will do his best to stand up to him.

I thought the plot was slow to develop but once you’re caught up in the action you can’t put the book down. I really liked the end, and I think Christine wrapped-up everything nicely while leaving a opened door for a sequel!

I must also mention that I LOVE the French title. I love how they used the main character’s name and the werewolf reference to create a fantastic title, that fits perfectly to the story. For those of you not familiar with French, Claire de lune means Moonlight. Kudos to the brilliant spirit who came up with it!

Claire de Lune is a great story about being true to yourself wrapped-up in an original werewolf lore. Fast read with a cute forbidden love story, this book will win over many young adult (book) lovers. You don’t want to miss out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claire de Lune.

June 20, 2010 – Started Reading