Chu's Reviews > Fractured Lines

Fractured Lines by Jen McLaughlin

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

PURCHASE IT ►►► AMAZON

I am not usually fond of series which features the same couple, but Out of Line Series is an exception. When Fractured Lines was added, I had my fair share of doubts, but when I have read some excerpts, most especially the first chapter of the novel, all my doubts were extinguished, and excitement prevailed.

I am almost seeing a different couple here: Finn and Carrie are older, sexier and more mature. But their love, it’s still there. Only that their issues and baggage is putting a toll on their marriage. Trust was broken, and their love was put into test.

They were supposed to be living their happy ever after, but no. You can feel the pain, the agony that both of them are going through. It was an emotional rollercoaster ride, one that can break your hearts.

The one who gave them the chance that Finn was the person I least expect. He didn’t know the story, but he felt something was wrong. So, he offered them a reprieve from their daily lives to spend time with each other.

But both of them knew they needed more than a weekend romantic getaway. Finn needed help to slay the demons of his past, and he thought Carrie was the one who can help him with his problems, but she thought otherwise. He had broken her trust, and she wasn’t sure if she could bare to trust him again, especially when she has her secret of her own.

Their marriage was crumbling, and there is danger lurking. Their hearts, their marriage, their family and there lives is on the line – what are they both willing to do to save it?

He might start out as a stranger, and I was ready to put him off my book boyfriend list, but Finn made sure he stayed on it. When he finally got a hold of his senses, he makes up for his shortcomings big-time, and you can’t help but love him even more for it. Sure, he had his issues, and he was in denial for quite a while – but that’s life.

This is what makes this book real. Jen McLauglin gives us what happens after the HEA: real life hits you square in the chest, and it takes true love, and every bit of your strength to fight for the things that makes your life worth living.

And this is why I love the book so much – character’s flaws and all. She gave me a rollercoaster ride I couldn’t forget. Jen broke my heart, had me all hot and bothered (because trust me when I say, despite all those problems thrown at them – those steamy scenes will get you all burned up), and gave me a wonderful ending to soothe all those pain.

And Riley’s story is coming up next – yay for him!

•Complimentary Copy was given in exchange for an honest review.•

More of my reviews at http://reviewsofabookmaniac.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fractured Lines.

Started Reading