Tooey's Reviews > SLAM

SLAM by Tash McAdam

It could not be more clear that SLAM is Tash McAdams's first published work of many. In it, the groundwork is laid for a richly layered dystopian society: a world in which the Institute, a sinister government agency, kidnaps and brainwashes citizens born with special psychic abilities known as Psionics. Using this stolen power, the Institute suppresses the people of the cities, resisted only by ARC, a collective of telepaths devoted to resisting the Insitute's hold.

This story of Serena, a young resistance soldier, will take you to a great number of emotional planes. Righteous rage, self-doubt, and terrible sadness all gripped me during the reading, and left me feeling as though I intimately connected with the protagonist. With more installments to follow, I can't wait to read more about this world that McAdams has created and the stories within.

McAdams's oddly graceful writing style will draw you in from the very beginning, and you will be hooked by her complex and charming characters, driven with them to the very end of their struggle. Nothing is frivolous here, no words wasted. The author eloquently, unapologetically brings you along on a fast-paced coming-of-age adventure that will leave you wanting more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SLAM.

Started Reading