MissM's Reviews > Disney at Dawn

it was ok
bookshelves: read-2010
Read from June 20 to 22, 2010

*sigh*

I still wish I could like the series but it still continues to just be so very badly written.

And, I can handle the kids turning into holograms; I can believe Disney villains are trying to take over the parks - those things are supposed to be fiction and they're part of the fantasy of the story. But when you get basic, simple real-world facts wrong, it's SO aggravating.

For example, a huge part of the plot requires that they stay in communication. And they opt to use Nintendo DS systems. But, in order to do so, they announce (more than once) that there is free Wi-Fi in all the parks. No, there's not! There is NO free Wi-Fi anywhere on property - not even in the resorts. Heck, you can't even PAY for Wi-Fi in your resort room.

It's highly aggravating to have such simple, obvious failures in reality throughout the series on top of the poor writing. It's a shame because the story is a clever idea and deserved a better author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disney at Dawn.

10/17 marked as: read

Drew Graham I agree, and the point about free wi-fi is just one of many inaccurate points.

MissM Ironically, there is NOW wifi in the parks. It was installed as part of the NextGen system (My Disney Experience/MagicBands/FastPass+ etc.) But as of 2010 when this was written, it was TOTALLY inaccurate.

Drew Graham Ha ha, yes, that is also true, but like I said, that's just one of many inaccuracies this book puts forth. *sigh*