Jessica's Reviews > SLAM

SLAM by Tash McAdam

1965342

Tash McAdam is an exceptionally talented writer who seamlessly describes a world like nothing you have seen before. Her characters are not just people you want to be friends with, they are people you want to BE. Each character possesses their own motivations, talents, strengths and weaknesses. All while fighting a corrupt government and trying to save a young boy. Although living in a world very different from ours, they are characters we can relate to nonetheless.

Tash uses our current obsessions, fears, selfishness and greed to build a world that may not be all that far away. She challenges her readers to find themselves in her story and to see what our own current behaviors will make of us. She shows a world divided into the haves and have nots, a world divided so severely that there are walls built to separate them.

The political themes aside, Tash’s writing style is fast, suspenseful and tension filled. This is the first story in her Psionics series and after getting my hands on an advanced copy of this doozy, I can’t wait to read the whole series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SLAM.

Finished Reading