Tiffany Liu's Reviews > The Edge Chronicles 11: The Nameless One: First Book of Cade

The Edge Chronicles 11 by Paul Stewart

Oct 13, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: 3-stars, fantasy, mg

Nostalgia wise (especially the ending with the banderbear) 4.5 stars. I would have loved to see Nate, but I guess he'll turn up in layer series.
Plot wise 3 stars, there wasn't much of a plot, but this book is for creating the basis of Cade's story, so that's okay.
World-building 4 stars, I liked seeing a bit of goblin culture, especially since they're usually described as either brawny without wit or sneaky or kind of dumb.

(God I feel like I need a reread.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge Chronicles 11.

October 13, 2014 – Shelved
October 13, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
March 16, 2016 –
page 5
1.43% "Reading the familiar-but-not introduction brings such nostalgia, I think I'm going to cry. I first read Beyond the Deepwoods seven years ago - SEVEN YEARS - and even now I love the Edge. So much has changed since Twig and Quint, from Rook to Nate, and now onto Cade. So strange and so familiar!"
March 17, 2016 – Started Reading
March 17, 2016 –
page 133
38.11% "The font and feel of this new edition is so weird ughhhhh why couldn't they keep the old hardcover style :-("
March 19, 2016 – Finished Reading