Madigan McGillicuddy's Reviews > Revelations

Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz

Jun 19, 2010

liked it
Read in November, 2009

Who is the Silver Blood murderer??? That's the big question. After the loss of her grandmother, Schuyler Van Alen is forced to live with the Force family, all the while carrying on a secret affair with Jack Force, much to his twin sister Mimi's dismay. Mimi is planning on marrying her brother and then using her hypnotic powers to mind-trick people into thinking that she was always his wife. In the meantime, Schuler's best friend from childhood, Oliver, is head-over-heels for her and his blood bond pretty much makes him her heartbroken slave. I am rooting for Oliver, poor guy. It also turns out that Bliss is the daughter of Lucifer himself and while sleepwalking has committed many crimes! Interesting stuff.

Melissa de la Cruz's take on vampiric reincarnation is unique but in looking at their incestuous relationships, their easy money (invested carefully over the long term, natch) and their adventurous globe-trotting, in many ways this series feels like Anne Rice Jr.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the chance to read the fourth and most recently released book in the series, The Van Alen Legacy, but I'm confident that I'll get to it before the end of the year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revelations.