♥Sharon♥'s Reviews > Intoxicate

Intoxicate by Tessa Teevan

5 Me encantó stars!!

IT'S LIVE!!! Amazon!!

photo Intoxicate_zps0590e348.jpg

I wasn’t surprised that I’d end up loving this one. There is just something about Tessa Teevan’s writing that I love. Her stories are always sweet and Sexy and the story line just sucks you in write from the get go. And it goes without saying, but bears repeating, I love this series!! And I absolutely loved this book. In addition to falling head over heels in love with Xavier and Kalli I fell in love with Lily too. How could I not. I’ll explain a little later in my review.

I had been looking forward to reading Xavier and Kalli’s story. We got bits and pieces of both of them in the other books, just enough to peek my curiosity but I truly didn’t expect all the goodness they gave me.

Xavier ~ There was so much to love about this guy. He was a “half-Hispanic,six-foot-two, super-sexy man in a uniform” and when those sexy Spanish words rolled off his tongue, OMG they melted my heart. There is also something so endearing and sexy about a single loving Dad.

photo 89a62225c8f6c05f9aa4f57d7580ebdb_zpsf7df09b2.jpg

Kalli ~ I think she is my favorite of the ladies in this series. I loved that she lived her life in the present. No looking back and no looking too far into the future. She knew what she wanted and was willing to give all of herself at the risk of losing the one person she has truly loved. She was beautiful, sexy and so warmhearted. I loved how she loved Lily. :)

photo d7966105bfaed23dd9c20b14d9e68591_zps8bd17355.jpg

Unrequited love is a tough thing. And for Kalli she has gone a long time thinking her love for Xavier was just that. In most ways it was. But as the saying goes, the heart wants what the heart wants, and sometimes you have to risk it all.

photo 2f786f55c4f6af495d3907b89a1f90d2_zps98d17c40.jpg

There is isn’t anything Kalli wouldn’t do for Xavier and when she is faced with making a decision that would irrevocably change her future and quite possibly be more than her heart can handle she doesn’t think twice.

Xavier is her brother Kale’s best friend and someone that she has loved for a long time. But Xavier has always guarded his feeling for her, keeping her at a comfortable distance. But time has passed and Kalli is no longer that 16 year girl. She is a beautiful 27 year old woman. And one summer everything changes.

For Kalli the decision to marry Xavier and become Lilly’s stepmom was such a natural one. While spending the summer caring for Lily they became a family of sorts. Sweet Lilly was precious. The moments these two created were something special. Kalli had loved Lilly before and now Lilly was embedded in her heart. She knew Xavier’s love for his daughter was undeniable. She was his world. And when a piece of Xavier’s life was starting to fall apart she knew what she had to do.

photo lily_zps923a4c50.jpg

Xavier and Kalli begin to explore their new relationship, setting boundaries that they hoped they could keep. Kalli had the advantage though. She knew she loved Xavier and jumped in with both feet. Xavier was unprepared. He had Lily to think about, feelings for Kalli that he has suppressed for years and a sense of control that he could feel slipping. This wasn’t going to be easy.

photo f52d120aa8e65c1b66f76d5989b6636d_zps2fa904bf.jpg

I loved how this story starts out. The Prologue is absolutely amazing. Then from there you are brought back six months. As Xavier and Kalli’s relationship unfolds be prepared for pretty sensual moments. The “anticipation” is killer and I was dying along with Kalli. The whispers, the cuddling and everything in between gave me shivers. I’d tempt you with a few quotes but for this one you should read them for the first time in the context of the story. YOU WILL LOVE THEM.

And it wasn’t just about these two. You have Lily that brought so much to the story. And Xavier’s mom, I loved their relationship. Oh and Lucy and Kale were very much present in the story too. I’m not going to lie, there were tears in this one for me. But Tessa took great care with this family. :)

One other thing I love about TT is that she always gives you a playlist at the end of her stories. I always download them on Spotify. This time I was able to listen to the songs while reading and I loved it. Here are some of my favorites on the Intoxicate Playlist.

❤ Thinking out Loud ~ Ed Sheeran
❤ Addicted ~ Prince Royce
❤ Wrapped up ~ Olly Murs, Travie McCoy
❤ Have a little faith in me ~ Mandy Moore
❤ Tonight I want to be your man ~ Andy Griggs

**ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intoxicate.

October 12, 2014 – Shelved
October 12, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
page 15
4.92% "  photo d16469cfb8ac3b788f65b8faad883570_zps5ed4529f.jpg"
January 26, 2015 –
17.0% "  photo 90f657f4189be0d68fe20f9a85414aba_zps6a5f6969.jpg"
January 26, 2015 –
31.0% "  photo havealittlefaithinme_zps0e480ddc.jpg"
January 26, 2015 –
53.0% "  photo 03b42a6e-bfa2-488f-b010-d90faa8b7af8_zps15a96a32.jpg\n \n HOLY. SPANISH. CHRIST. ~ Kalli\n \n Oh my that was HOT!"
Started Reading
January 27, 2015 –
63.0% "  photo 435c2d8e96a793fe518c4e23bb668869_zpsab59db71.jpg"
January 27, 2015 –
72.0% "WOW. Just WOW.\n \n  photo fa901c6f016948f4df74482a1eb72996_zpsf1043b3d.jpg"
January 27, 2015 –
100.0% "  photo PicMonkeyCollage_zps5206f3e6.jpg"
January 27, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Enjoy Xavier! :D

♥Sharon♥ Thank you Melissa!

Beverly Enjoy Xavier! Loved this one!

♥Sharon♥ Thanks Bev! Just starting it now. Glad you loved it!!

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Hope you Love this one too!!
It's my new fave!
xoxoxo

♥Sharon♥ Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️ and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "Hope you Love this one too!!
It's my new fave!
xoxoxo"

Oooh a 5 stars from you. I didn't look any reviews so I can't wait to go back and check them out. So far I am loving it. xo

♥Sharon♥ Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️ and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "You are in for a treat!!"

Gahh. I can't wait to get home to keep on reading. :)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog BEAUTIFUL review Sharon!! :)
So happy you loved it and Xavier too!!
xoxoxo

♥Sharon♥ Thank you so much Patty. ღღ

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Fabulous review Sharon! :Dxx

♥Sharon♥ Thank you Melissa!! ღ

message 13: by S.M. (new)

S.M. West Lovely review, Sharon!

♥Sharon♥ Thanks so much Suzanne. ღ

• Lisa • Love your review babes x

message 16: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen OMG Sharon, I LOVE your review. Tell me, can this be read as a standalone?

message 17: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen You should post this review on Amazon. There are no reviews posted for it there.

♥Sharon♥ Lisa Jayne wrote: "Love your review babes x"

Thanks so much Lisa Jayne. ღ

message 19: by ♥Sharon♥ (last edited Jan 29, 2015 04:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♥Sharon♥ Kathleen wrote: "You should post this review on Amazon. There are no reviews posted for it there."

Kathleen wrote: "OMG Sharon, I LOVE your review. Tell me, can this be read as a standalone?"

Thank you Kathleen! ღ You could read it as a standalone. But I think you'd enjoy it a little more if you read at least Inflame first. That's the book you get to see more of Xavier. The whole series is really amazing.❤

I'm heading out to Amazon right now. :)

message 20: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Fabulous review, Sharon. Love all the pics. You time in Pinterest is very well spent.

Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) Aww Lovely review Sharon, I'm glad you got more than you asked for ;)

message 22: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Wonderful review, Sharon! xx

message 23: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya Me encantó your review, LOL!!! I seriously can't wait to read this book. xo

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time Terrific review Sharon! That guy is a Hottie McTottie! :)

♥Sharon♥ Mo wrote: "Fabulous review, Sharon. Love all the pics. You time in Pinterest is very well spent."

Thanks so much Mo! ღ You know I love Pinterest!!

♥Sharon♥ Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) wrote: "Aww Lovely review Sharon, I'm glad you got more than you asked for ;)"

Thank you Vrsha. ღ

♥Sharon♥ Dee wrote: "Me encantó your review, LOL!!! I seriously can't wait to read this book. xo"

Gracias dulce Dee!! You will absolutely love this one!! ღ

♥Sharon♥ Brandi wrote: "Wonderful review, Sharon! xx"

Many thanks Brandi!! ღ

♥Sharon♥ J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "Terrific review Sharon! That guy is a Hottie McTottie! :)"

Thank you JAnne!! He is isn't he!!! ღ

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "Terrific review Sharon! That guy is a Hottie McTottie! :)"

Thank you JAnne!! He is isn't he!!! ღ"

I had to go have another look! LOL! Yep, he's HOT!

♥Sharon♥ J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "♥Sharon♥ wrote: "J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "Terrific review Sharon! That guy is a Hottie McTottie! :)"

Thank you JAnne!! He is isn't he!!! ღ"

I had to go have anoth..."

Damn it you just made me go look again too. Not that is was any kind of hardship!! lol

message 32: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Do we have a name for Mr Sexy?

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fabulous review, Sharon!:)

♥Sharon♥ Mo wrote: "Do we have a name for Mr Sexy?"

Mr. Sexy is AKA Bartolomeo Fasano. :)

♥Sharon♥ Arianna wrote: "Fabulous review, Sharon!:)"

Thanks so much Arianna!! ღ

Nicole I love your review, Sharon!! This book is next for me and like you, I love this series. Now I'm even more excited to read it. <3

♥Sharon♥ Nicole wrote: "I love your review, Sharon!! This book is next for me and like you, I love this series. Now I'm even more excited to read it. <3"

Thank you Nicole! Well you are in for a treat with Xavier and Kalli. Can't wait to see what you think about it. ღ

message 38: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Wonderful review, Sharon!xo

♥Sharon♥ Eliza wrote: "Wonderful review, Sharon!xo"

Merci Eliza! ღ

message 40: by Rag (new)

Rag Hot review Sharon!

♥Sharon♥ Rag wrote: "Hot review Sharon!"

Why thank you Rag!! ღ

message 42: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Wonderful review, Sharon xx

♥Sharon♥ Thank you Jennifer. ღ

Christy Fantastic review, Sharon! <3

♥Sharon♥ Thanks so much Christy. ღ

Christie«SHBBblogger» Really awesome review, Sharon! Xavier sounds so sexy!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. <3<3

♥Sharon♥ Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "Really awesome review, Sharon! Xavier sounds so sexy!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. <3<3"

Thanks so much Christie. ღ He was super sexy in so many ways!!!

Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  # For some reason, the name "Xavier" sounds so sexy to me. Any guy with that name would be able to get lucky with me LOL *blushing* Awesome review babe! <3

♥Sharon♥ Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress # wrote: "For some reason, the name "Xavier" sounds so sexy to me. Any guy with that name would be able to get lucky with me LOL *blushing* Awesome review babe! <3"

Thanks so much Eda! Well if you think his name is sexy wait until you read the book and he is whispering sweet nothings in Spanish!!! :)

Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  # ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "...he is whispering sweet nothings in Spanish!!! :) "

WHUUUT?! That's it! This is going in my TBR list ASAP! LOL, thanks for the rec baby! <3

« previous 1