Chinablue_25 West Bostedor's Reviews > Cerulean Sins

Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jun 19, 2010

** spoiler alert ** So to me this series is getting better and better. The characters are evolving, relationships are becoming more complicated and Anita is becoming more powerful and stronger. I have read some reviews that insult Hamilton making men around her all drawn and wanting Anita but that makes sense because of Anita inheriting some of Jean-Claude's powers. One of his powers being that he oozes sexuality and draws sexual attraction to himself from all around him. In this book now that Anita, Jean-Claude and Richard have married the marks between them, their connections and powers between the three of them are stronger. This is a great book. I like that Anita finally invited Asher to bed with her and Jean-Claude. I find myself having an affectionate soft spot for Asher. I also love that despite half of Asher's face and body is covered in horrible scars Anita sees him for the beautiful person that he is. And for the first time, hearing the description of a MAN desiring and loving another MAN,(Two women together always seemed more acceptable than two men to me for some reason) I am not disgusted, but finding it sweet and romantic. I am far from homophobic but I have never heard or seen the attraction of two men together and thought it nothing but gross. Hamilton poetically describes Jean Claude and Asher's desire and love for one another, so beautifully that it is very sweet, romantic, and natural feeling. Well done Hamilton.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cerulean Sins.