Lauren Tydings's Reviews > Reave

Reave by C.  Miller

I feel extremely privileged that the author sent me this book in the mail along with her second novel, Elude. Thank you!
This novel is about Aster who will only let herself remember her life as a slave to prevent any painful memories about happiness and freedom. She has always relied on her ability to remain invisible to everyone, but that all changes with the new Master. He takes a special interest in her for an unknown reason. When he assigns her to care for Chase, the Reaper staying there, Astor can't refuse him or her heart. She battles with herself before falling so deeply in love that she can't see a way out.
But there are dangers for Reapers and those who choose to be with the, dangers Astor is only just realizing. Love makes her conquer her fears and defy what her brain tells her. Astor trusts that love will keep her soul from turned as scarred as her back.
I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was so amazing that I finished it in a day and immediately started the second one. Astor was such a strong female protagonist and she didn't even do anything action involved for the first half of the book. Her smart mouth made her easy to relate to and I loved how she acted so unintelligent when she really wasn't.
The twists and turns of this book, while not extreme, were interesting and engaging without being overwhelming. The plot was a tad obvious, but you have no way of knowing how it was all going to play out. Miller made even the obvious shocking when it actually happened.
The part where Astor tried to deny her love was a little tedious because you knew she was going to cave. There wouldn't be a good story unless she caved and brought along so many issues. But while you knew it was love at first sight, I had no idea about her relationship with Ahren and their secret connection. Awesome!
This has become one of my favorite books and I've already loaned it to a friend because she wanted to read it. Definitely deserving of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reave.

October 11, 2014 – Shelved