Helen's Reviews > Sleepwalking in Paradise

Sleepwalking in Paradise by Andrew O. Dugas

liked it
bookshelves: 2014

This was a Goodreads giveaway and I'm glad I had the chance to read something I wouldn't have come across in my regular travels. Sleepwalking in Paradise is subtitled A San Francisco Novel, but since I know nothing at all about San Francisco, it could have been set anywhere. In this iPad age I've forgotten how to read patiently, so I felt the story took a while to get started. For at least the first half I couldn't have told you what it was about in under a paragraph. Is this a failing of the book, or of me? It is a good tale, and I enjoyed the ride. After I'd finished there was a lot to think about.

The fella and I just watched Life of Pi for the first time. We missed the first 20 minutes and when it was over we both said, "I'm not really sure what that was about". Didn't mean we didn't enjoy watching it though. That's how I feel about Sleepwalking in Paradise. Not sure I understand it, but enjoyed it anyway.

PS Publishers: don't use fine fonts and shiny ink. It makes a book reeeeeeeeally hard to read at night, and I think that affected my appreciation of the first half.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepwalking in Paradise.