Megan's Reviews > Evernight

Evernight by Candace Knoebel

Oct 10, 2014

OMG!!! I was anxiously awaiting this baby FOREVER!!! Any of you who follow my reviews know I love my "adult" books...but I love a good YA, add to the fact that it is paranormal and I am in!

Everlasting (Book #1) was an amazing first story that introduced us to Faye, Jax, and a slew of sub-characters that will have you laughing, crying, and shouting multiple times. The Graham Curse (Book 0.5) gave us a closer look into Jax and his demons, his relationship with Jezi, and his ties to Faye that even he did not know about in the beginning. Both of these are a MUST read...especially if you are picking up Evernight (Book #2).

Evernight picks up just after the end of Everlasting...the battle is over for now but Faye and her group have more danger ahead of them. Time is running out and their options of who they can trust is dwindling rapidly. Aside from the daunting task of being the coven's savior, Faye must also contend with powers that are stronger than anyone known to exist, powers that are unknown, finding out who was behind the demise of her parents, and a coven leader so obsessed with power they are willing to do anything to succeed.

Yet again Candace had absolutely blown me away! I was on the edge of my seat and could not put it down! I loved seeing Faye's transformation from a scared, dejected girl into a strong, defiant woman. There are some super shockers in the romance department in this one...and the end...for the love of all that is good and right in this world I wanted to smash my tablet against the wall!!! I can't wait to see what Candace has in store for us in 2015 with this series!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evernight.

October 10, 2014 – Shelved