Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Hunters

Hunters by Aoife Marie Sheridan

3382002

bookshelves: fantasy, new-adult, paranormal, review-4-author, xpresso-book-tours

This is the first book in the Demon Series, and it's a little part religious, because it's priests who run the demon hunters. BUT it's also a little more urban fantasy, because it's got a lot of action and whole lot of fun. Things like exorcisms and haunting, and possessions. And a heap load of sad heart wrenching pasts. I'm quite amazed at what this book is becoming. I won't like it's dark, and gritty, and I have a feeling there's going to be a whole lot of heart ache, more than there already is, and it's already blowing my mind.

I really wasn't expecting anything, because I wasn't sure exactly what this book would entail, but damn it was pretty good :) Abigail is our main character, and she's had a horrible time of life. She can actually see the demons around her, and on top of that, her whole family died, horrible, in front of her. Seriously, she has some major issues, like a drinking problem, and anti social disorder, but I really don't blame her. She's handling things better than I would. So here's what started, there's on over population issue of demons possessing people. Abigail and the hunters are called out to rid the demons. And then some crazy things start happening around her, and then she finds out a secret about her past she didn't know, and it's gunna blow your mind. :) And she's in love with Daniel but she won't let herself, and that's just a whole nuther whirl wind drama :)

Daniel is awesome, and I can't tell you what he is, but I can tell you that he's the guy everyone wants fighting for them. And Father Peter, he makes me want to hug him :) And then there's the other hunter team members. I'm just getting my feel for them, and I know they will have more development in the future books and I actually am looking forward to seeing more.

The plot is not only full of mystery and action, but it's perfect for urban fantasy lovers that like a little horror added in. And I would probably put it in the new adult category, though I would say everyone should read it :) This is an eye opening experience. And the characters are very real, flawed, and so believable. I am so ready for more! It's a great ride. 5 DEMON PAWS!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunters.

October 10, 2014 – Shelved