Maghon Thomas's Reviews > The Donor, Parts 1-3

The Donor, Parts 1-3 by Nikki Rae

3382002

bookshelves: paranormal, new-adult, review-4-author

Well this one is not something I expected, or ever read anything like it. Let me see if I can explain it without ruining it. What would you do if you found out you were dying and very soon? Well, Casey is going to use her tom left to help her struggling family. She finds out about this online site where you can be a donor. Donor can mean many things but I won't tell you because my mind was spinning with options. But it's done wonderfully. Casey is eighteen and she can't afford college because her family is barely making it. But they are loving and she freely gives her time to make money to help support them. She is a beautiful character. With all of her illness issues she travels far to meet a man who will pay her to donate. Turns out he's lovely and has his own struggles. But she's selfless even if she thinks she's selfish. Jonah gets this. And so their very unique relationship begins. There's a cool way that the story unfolds. It goes from present to past. There's little flashbacks that continually tell you more if the story without throwing info dumps in. And I'm also human warn you that this is a hard topic and very realistic. It's heart wrenching and heart warming all at the same time. But you know, I didn't cry until I read the afterthought of the author. I will say to ms Nikki, I'm so sorry and at the same time thank you for giving me a glimpse into your real life. This is a very real, sweet, tear jerking story with a little supernatural on the side. I loved it. I'm hoping Ms Nikki will continue with where she left off. It may not lead to a happily ever after but I'd want it just the same. 5 PAWS!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Donor, Parts 1-3.

October 10, 2014 – Shelved