Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)'s Reviews > Chasing Temptation

Chasing Temptation by Joya Ryan

bookshelves: 2014-reads

Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

Chasing Temptation is written based on the tried and true romantic troupe of the best friend/sibling relationship. Yeah, yeah... I’ve read this troupe tons of times. But I haven’t read it like this. Sebastian “Bass” Stafford is simply mind blowing. Penny Diamond is anything but what people see her as.

Penny has had a crush on her older brother Ryder’s best friend Sebastian since she was a child. But Ryder is overprotective and Sebastian would never dream of messing around with his best friend’s little sister. But when Penny sets out to get more experience and drive men wild, Sebastian is the only man she wants. One look at Penny and Sebastian can’t seem to fight the urge to claim her as his.

“I can give you lessons in sex, but the minute you say no, it ends.”

Sebastian doesn’t do relationships. He has a tried and true two week rule. His belief is that with such a short time frame, emotional feelings won’t have a chance to develop. Sebastian isn’t prepared for Penny to take what he gives out so well, not run at the first sign of his darker side or challenge him like no one else.

I loved this couple and I love this series. Sebastian is an attorney who grew up with a less than ideal family life. He doesn’t believe in love and he likes to keep his distance. He views Penny as being everything that is good, and knows that she wants the one thing he can’t give her, a family with a “white picket fence”. Penny is a total good girl with inexperience in spades. But she’s strong and determined. She goes after what she wants and doesn’t take no for an answer. When these two come together, you can feel the passion and chemistry coming through the pages of the book. The Chasing Love Series is based on a group of friends who grew up together in Kansas and are always there for each other, no matter what. That friendship, in my opinion, is one of the reasons I think this series is so good. To say I’m looking forward to the next book is an understatement.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

**Received a copy from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest unbiased review.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Temptation.

October 9, 2014 – Started Reading
October 9, 2014 – Shelved
October 9, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 9, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014-reads
October 11, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Claire Robinson Loved this one, Enjoy Kim xx

Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews) I stayed up late last night to finish it. Sebastian was mind blowing. And Penny was just wow.

Claire Robinson Kim Reads wrote: "I stayed up late last night to finish it. Sebastian was mind blowing. And Penny was just wow."

Yay, glad you loved it too xx