Norain's Reviews > Harvesting the Heart

Jun 18, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: realistic-fiction
Read in June, 2010

This is moderately low by Picoult standard (and by this I mean My Sister's Keeper). I like it and I personally don't think it is a waste of my money or time. Still it is not something I will recommend to any avid readers. There are many better books out there so if you have not bought this, it is not a loss if you just ignore it.

The best part is when Paige gives birth to Max and how she tries her best to look after her son while her husband, Nicholas is busy saving lives at the hospital. "It is not easy to have a baby," I think and of course this reminds me of all the sacrifices my mother has made for me. But other than that part, it is rather irritating in some ways. For one thing the story concentrates a bit too much on the relationship between Paige and Nicholas. It got worse near the ending. One moment they seem like they are going to be together again but another moment Nicholas is so determined to keep Paige away from his life. One moment Paige is so weak she cannot bear seeing Max all blue after the operation but the next moment she is the one supporting her husband from falling. In the end I am not sure if they are together or not. Well, at least Max is not dead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harvesting the Heart.

12/05/2016 marked as: read