Jonathan's Reviews > Clammed Up

Clammed Up by Barbara  Ross

Wow, I've had this book on my nook for about a year now, and I only just read it. I must say it was amazing and I am sorry that I hadn't read it before! Filled with wonderful twists and turns, great characters, and a wonderful setting, Clammed Up was a wonderful first book in this series that I hope to continue for awhile to come!

The characters were wonderful. The reasons why the MC came back home were predictable but overall the MC was a delightful character. Her sister, niece, and most of the other characters were also well-written. Her mother broke the cozy mold for most mothers. However, her brother-in-law, Sonny, was annoying and overall just a character I disliked. I hope he'll get better in the next book.

The mystery simply blew me out of the water, so to speak. I thought I had it figured out a few pages before the end, but then the killer was revealed and I was shocked. However, it all fit together perfectly and I was surprised I didn't see it before.

The ending was okay, but I wasn't happy with what happened with the love interest. However, this was overall a wonderful book. I'll read the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clammed Up.

October 9, 2014 – Shelved
February 2, 2016 – Shelved as: mystery
February 2, 2016 – Shelved as: read-02-16
February 2, 2016 – Finished Reading
May 19, 2016 – Shelved as: owned-mystery-read

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Sue Em I agree. I bought into this series. Every book has lived up to my expectations