Edythe Hamilton's Reviews > Pie Girls

Pie Girls by Lauren Clark

Searcy Roberts and husband Alton are divorcing against Searcy’s will and adding to the tension is a mother-in-law who blames Searcy for the surprise separation. Searcy accepts an invitation to help her mother at Pie Girls in Mobile, Alabama to escape from Atlanta and her devastating breakup.

Returning to Mobile, Searcy finds her mom ill, the pie shop in dire straits facing an eviction, and the rough neighboring bicycle shop owner Luke. Searcy conjures up a brilliant plan to save her mom’s pie shop, face the inevitable divorce from her husband, and discovers her mother has a long time secret.

Pie Girls is a fun and fast read for chick-lit book lovers with humor, wit, and good pie recipes at the end. Critically, the novel has more narrative than necessary that could have made this book receive a higher rating from me but is still enjoyable nonetheless. I recommend to chick-lit and humorous fiction fans for an easy relaxing read.

I received this book free from CLP Blog Tours in exchange for an honest opinion in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pie Girls.

Started Reading