Carla's Reviews > Last Train to Babylon

Last Train to Babylon by Charlee Fam

Aubrey Glass has returned home to Rachel's funeral. Rachel did it, she committed suicide, even though it is Aubrey that has the nicely composed letters each year filed away, waiting. Even though it was Rachel that helped all those years ago pour salt into a wound that never should have happened, being that she was supposedly Aubrey's best friend.
Aubrey was forced into a situation years ago and now she is being forced into going back home to Rachel's funeral - she is being forced to deal with the past. She has to go back to where it all happened to finally begin to heal.
How complex the relationship between females as we grow, how protective in our minds we can be given some circumstances beyond our control, and how some actions continue a cycle in our lives.
This was an amazingly honest portrayal of a broken human being. I found the story flowed, the character development beautifully raw and engaging. There is something tragically hopeful about it. The internal dialogue and POV - this is the beginning of a very talented author.

Now, I would be remiss if I did not warn you that this book may contain triggers for those that have experienced rape. The author tackles this in a very real way throughout the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Train to Babylon.

October 8, 2014 – Started Reading