Meran's Reviews > QR Codes Kill Kittens: How to Alienate Customers, Dishearten Employees, and Drive Your Business Into the Ground

QR Codes Kill Kittens by Scott Stratten

1977270

did not like it
bookshelves: culture, humor, non-fiction, philosophy, regretful-purchases, business
Recommended for: NO ONE

Most of this advice is obvious and/or tongue in cheek. I think it ay be in picture book form for two reasons: 1. To remind us visually. 2. To make money for the author. More humorous than helpful! And at $18 for a tiny, 196 pg picture book that is mostly a slice show. I'm returning the book to barnes & noble ASAP.

ON pg 109, about not allowing photos: ART is copyrighted. Releasing your own under pixelated version is fine; allowing others to take high quality version photos, as suggested on this page, will enable THEM to STEAL your work is a crime. I can't believe it's suggested by the author.

On pg 115, he uses the word "conversions" - does the author mean "conversations"? It fits better. If conversions is intentional, them the author's own rule about misspelling (pg 62) is broken (or used intentionally for attention.)

Some of the advice could have been better explained instead of using it as an IQ test. Explaining the advice would actually be helpful, not snarky.

Many ideas are duplicated. Good thing they aren't grouped or it'd be obvious (it is anyway. - I should have counted all the "viral" comments. It would make for a drinking game.

This book reminds me of Tosh.O - in book form. And isn't THAT stupid!

About Captcha… it gives extra chances if you can't comprehend the one presented.

On pg 173 - guess who took those 38 weeks to decide on a font? A DESIGNER. Probably those YOU suggested to do the job. ;) And just HOW does this help with marketing my product? A "Marketing Advice Book" this is NOT.

Pg 186 "kind of car your drive" - errors like these are far too common considering how little text is in this "picture book".

Pg 195 - "if you answered the phone only 1 time out of 7, people would stop calling" OMG, I WISH.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read QR Codes Kill Kittens.

October 7, 2014 – Started Reading