Mandy's Reviews > Scenes from the City

Scenes from the City by Penny Reid

bookshelves: favorite-author, arc, favorites, love-love-love, funny, so-good-i-ll-read-it-again, signed-paperback

This collection is fantastic! With each story and each couple, I found myself saying, "Oh! This is my favorite story so far!" Every story in this book is wonderful. I love the characters Penny writes, they are unique, funny, warm, and crazy. Each short story covers a different part in these characters lives. Quinn and Janie on their honeymoon, Elizabeth and Nico shortly after their wedding, Alex and Sandra a year after their wedding, Ashley and Drew after having to be away from each other for a short time before she moves and then our introduction to Fiona and Greg's story which was the longest story in this book. Fiona and Greg's story is their first meeting and I'm just going to say this - their story is going to be epic! I LOVED how they meet and I can't wait for more Fiona and Greg when we get their book. I think they may end up being my favorite couple in this series. After reading each story, I love how each story brought something new. Some were really funny, others a little more emotional but all of them special, romantic, and fantastic. Also, how awesome is it that Penny is donating all proceeds from sales to a very special charity? If you loved any of the Knitting in the City books, you will love this collection of short stories!

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scenes from the City.

October 7, 2014 – Shelved
November 20, 2014 – Shelved as: funny
November 20, 2014 – Shelved as: so-good-i-ll-read-it-again
November 20, 2014 – Finished Reading
October 5, 2015 – Shelved as: signed-paperback

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Beverly (new)

Beverly Great review, Mandy! I will have to check it out.

Mandy Thanks, Beverly! Enjoy! :)

♥Sharon♥ Great review Mandy. xo

Mandy ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Great review Mandy. xo"

Thanks, Sharon! I actually did a re-read of this one since posting the review, I loved it that much! :)