Cristyn West's Reviews > Classmate Murders

bookshelves: thrillers, to-read
Read in June, 2010

Can't wait to dig in!

6/16/10
On page 35 and already in love!

6/28/10
To be honest when this one came across my desk, I groaned. As I mentioned on the stream, I'm not a huge fan of amateur sleuthing, especially in the senior citizen bracket.

I like my investigators hot and knowledgeable. Top of their field. I am far more of a 'procedural' girl (evidenced clearly by Plain Jane).

So I can honestly say I was not just pleasantly surprised by Bob's "Classmate Murders" but downright shocked at how engaging and entertaining a read this book was.

He threw my pre-conceived notions about what a senior citizen sleuth could be out the window and made me sit up and pay attention. I was immediately drawn in my his beautifully honest lead character, Jim Richards, who is putting up one heck of fight against aging, while of course solving crimes that hit a little too close to home.

From Richard's deep relationship with his old co-worker (without a hint of any weird, latent, homo-eroticism) to his complicated feeling for his own aging parents, I can say that Jim Richards is as interesting as any hunky C.S.I. professional.

Would I like to have seen smoother dialogue and Bob to trust his reader enough to not lay in so much description? Yes.

Do I want to read more of Jim Richards adventures? Heck Ya!

Again, if you love amateur sleuths, you've got to check out "Classmate Murders." But honestly, even if you are like me and a little iffy on the sub-genre, I am telling you that this book packs a big bang for it's buck! (and yes, Bob, that pun was intended :-)

Find "Classmate Murders" eBook on Smashwords: http://bit.ly/9BkKDB
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Classmate Murders.