Kristin's Reviews > Code Runner

Code Runner by Rosie Claverton

bookshelves: 2014

3 1/2 stars...
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is the second in a series of mysteries with Amy, the super genius computer hacker who is also agoraphobic and relies heavily on her partner, Jason. Jason is an ex-con with a rap sheet longer than the Bible.
Against Amy's better judgement, Jason can't help but try to solve a murder mystery on his own, and where does he end up? Jail.Trying to defend against a murder charge. The story premise is good, and I enjoyed it. It's heavy on the British accents and slang, which threw me from the beginning.I found myself having to re-read the sentence to try to figure out the context of the word and muddle out its meaning.
Even though it is the second in a series, there isn't much you're missing besides a stronger relationship between Amy and Jason that you don't get much out of in this book. Its all been established before.
The writing itself is phenomenal, the author truly has a way with words. It took a while for the story to pick up in my mind and before it did, it dragged on slowly. Overall, it was a good book, I think it would be better if you read the first book in the series before this one so that you get a feel for the author's jargon and the character development of Jason and Amy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Code Runner.

October 6, 2014 – Started Reading