Rachel's Reviews > Her Forbidden Risk

Her Forbidden Risk by Tori St. Claire

What happens when your best friends little sister comes back to town looking all grown up and hot and making your pants awfully uncomfortable all of a sudden?

You get this fun and at times heartbreaking story from Tori St.Claire that will leave you hot, bothered, and laughing or maybe even tearing up at times. I love the sibling off limits to best friend trope and this is a mighty fine addition to the trope.

Emily our heroine had me wanting to hug her, smack her and then yell “you go girl” more than once. That said I still liked her because she knew what she wanted and went for it. Be it studying and setting up a business overseas or Mitch, her high school crush who is now all grown up and looking delicious. I understand where a lot of her hurt came from and I don’t blame her a bit for feeling unloved.

Mitch our hunky hero was just a delight to read. I could drool over him for hours and with each page I fell a little harder for him. He’s not without his own hurt in his past. Plus his best friend is Emily’s brother and he’s really close to her father. How could he pursue her without violating their trust? It doesn’t matter that he’s always wanted her, she’s meant to be off limits.

When a lunch meeting takes an unexpected turn for the hotter, they give into long burning desires with consequences. Far reaching consequences. Emmie and Mitch continue to grow closer even though they are keeping their fling a secret. They can’t seem to keep their hands off each other now the lust spell has been broken.

“I’ve wanted to do this for so long,” he whispered at her collar bone. He paused a moment to draw a lazy swirl of his tongue over her bare skin. “So goddamn long.”

But as the deadline of Emmie returning to Paris, the fact that she wants to avoid her father at all costs, the outcome of their lunch tryst looms and other family dramas stop Emily and Mitch finding the happiness that is staring them both right in the face? Or can they overcome it all and be finally be together?

The last part of this book had me tearing up then grinning like a fool, especially the ending. I may have gone back and read it a couple of times just because I loved it so much. This is an author you should add to your auto buy list. I have.

This book was supplied by the publisher for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Forbidden Risk.

October 5, 2014 – Shelved