Princess Bookie's Reviews > All You Get Is Me

All You Get Is Me by Yvonne Prinz

Jun 15, 2010

bookshelves: read2010
Read on November 08, 2010

My Thoughts: We are introduced to Roar who is a photographer. She loves to take pictures and carries her camera around everywhere with her. I have a bit of a photographer in me so I totally understand where her passion is coming from. She moves on a farm with her dad after her mom leaves and they become farmers. One day, while on the road, they witness a lady (Connie) getting in a car accident resulting in another lady's death (a non-american) Sylvia. The lady (Connie) had given Roar's dad the finger, and wasn't paying much attention and thats when the accident occurs. Roar and her father witness it and her father decides to contact Sylvia's husband Tomas. He offers him a job and he comes to work on the farm.

While this is all happening, Roar's father gets a lawsuit going to sue Connie for Tomas. A lot of the other farmer's are against it. They figure if one worker can file a lawsuit over something, all the rest will want too as well for minor things. Roar than meets a boy. A city boy just here for the summer. His name is Forest. She starts to have feelings for boy. Boy is lady's son and the drama starts. Roar also has to testify against Connie (Forest's mom) if the trial goes to court. I'm going to stop there so I don't give away the whole plot and spoilers.

If you want to figure out what happens between Roar and Forest, read the book. If you want to know what happens with the lawsuit, read the book.

Overall: It took me a while to really get into this one, but I ended up really liking it. I enjoyed Roar's love of photography and the moments spent between her and Forest. I even enjoyed learning more about Connie and her situation and why she acted the way she did.

Cover: I really love the cover. I like how she is holding a camera and its such a neat camera!

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes

www.princessbookie.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All You Get Is Me.

Good Golly Miss Holly I had no idea this book was about a lawsuit/farmers... by just looking at the cover, it looks totally different.