Alex Bennett's Reviews > Personal Demons

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

bookshelves: wishlist

God the reviews for this book have been mixed. Everywhere I look, someone is saying how much they either love or hate this book. And now that I’ve read it, I’m wondering what kind of narcotics the people who gave it a bad review were doing. Also, where can I get some?

This book is told from two perspectives, Luc and Frannie. I don’t know who’s point of view I liked reading from better, they both told the story well and kept me addicted the whole time I was reading. The only thing I didn’t understand was how Frannie was so hesitant. She had two of the hottest guys in the world—actually, not even in the world, she had guys from multiple worlds—and she didn’t hook up with either of them! Also, she had the worst friends. They were such catty bitches! Well, Taylor was anyway.

I loved the writing style Lisa Desrochers wrote with. The whole time I was addicted to the story, never wanting to put it down. Several times I was telling myself I would put the book down after I finished just one more chapter. Do you think I put it down after that chapter? Hell no!

Sure there are plenty of books about angels and demons, but nothing like this. I was completely exhilarated during the entire duration of my reading experience with this book. I couldn’t wait to read what would happen next with these entertaining characters in this astonishing world.

If you haven’t read Personal Demons, what the hell are you doing with your life? Quit living on a prayer and get your booty to the bookstore, because you’ll be hooked from the moment your eyes meet the first page of this book. I would tag countless souls if I could get my devilish little paws on the sequel.

Oh, and if you were wondering, I am one hundred percent Team Luc. Gabe can go to hell. Well, he can’t but… well, you know what I mean.

Story: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Originality: 4/5
Writing: 5/5
Ending: 5/5
Cover: 5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Personal Demons.

June 15, 2010 – Shelved
December 12, 2010 –
page 38
10.41% "Too tired to keep reading. Hoping to finish this one tomorrow!"
December 13, 2010 –