Jo-Anne's Reviews > A Princess by Christmas

A Princess by Christmas by Jennifer Faye

bookshelves: won, own

I loved this book. It was a wonderful fairy tale type romance with Prince Alexandro Castanovo from Marraccino arriving in New York in disguise hoping that nobody would recognize him. He had reservations at The Willows Inn which was run by Reese Harding. Reese had been struggling to keep the inn going and not let any of her employees go when Alex arrived for his reservation. Reese's mother had taken the reservation but not properly so Reese had no record of it even though a huge deposit had been taken. Since they didn't have a room available for him, Reese gave up her bedroom for Alex until a guest room became available. Even though Alex was attracted to Reese he fought it because he had a duty to his family and country which didn't include a romance with a commoner.

I was captivated with this story right from the beginning. I couldn't read it fast enough to find out what happened but I didn't want it to end either. What a problem. It takes place a couple of weeks before Christmas making it a great holiday read but even with that it could be read and enjoyed at any time of the year. Alex's secret was difficult for him to keep but he felt he had no choice but to hide his identity and location, even though he knew he would never be able to explain it to Reese if she found out.

The character development was very well done. I loved that Alex was an all around nice guy and was even a bit unsure of himself at times. I swear Alex is my new book boyfriend. Reese was not as easy to like at first because she was so controlling but once she loosened up and let go of some of her need for control, she was much better to appreciate.

I must say that this did bring tears to my eyes at times - especially the ending. I am so glad I won this book or I might have missed it. If you like romance you will love A Princess By Christmas and I highly recommended it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Princess by Christmas.

October 5, 2014 – Shelved