Pili's Reviews > The Mirror King

The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows

Jodi Meadows has done it again! ALL THE FEELS!
---

I was so very lucky to read The Mirror King so very early on last year and not too long after reading The Orphan Queen, which was an absolute treat (and a real lifesaving!!) after THAT (bloody awful & heart crushing) cliffhanger!!

Let's start with a fair warning here, if you think that Orphan Queen was a killer for your feels, well... Mirror King might just be even crueler and more heart breaking! It'll ALL be worth it but... you might just really need the help and support of the OQ Support Group!

Mirror King starts JUST were Orphan Queen left (and thank goodness for that!) so binge reading these two back to back is the wisest choice (if it's been a while since you read OQ, do a re-read, it'll be for the best) so you can read the story with the right flow.

Things are extremely dire and stakes are very high from page one, and the action, the feels and the twists don't really slow during the whole book! And if you are wondering what more surprises might be coming in this one... well, let me tell you, hold on to your knickers, because they ARE coming!

Wil spends most of the book between a rock and hard place, with the Ospreys seemingly no longer on her side, trying to reclaim her kingdom at odds with her heart and her alliances. And let's not forget her magic and the Wraith and the unexpected consequences of it & how she can possibly make sure that the Inundation doesn't repeat and take everything away from everyone.

The romance is a killer for the feels, the friendships are also a point of conflict and feels and then the politics, the battles for the kingdoms and the battle for survival really!! Gods, this book barely gives you time to breathe!

It's a fantastic final book for the duology, full of action, full of emotion, full of twists and suprises and did I mention emotional distress?? It's brilliant but make sure you'll have plenty of tissues and comfort food and a member of the OQ Support Group a DM away to talk feels!!

5 very emotional stars to this brilliant conclusion that gave me a massive book hangover! I cannot wait till I can re-read Orphan Queen & Mirror King back to back!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mirror King.

October 5, 2014 – Shelved
October 5, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
September 15, 2015 – Started Reading
September 15, 2015 –
30.0% "How I hate that song of b****!! Kick his arse to kingdom come Wil!"
September 15, 2015 –
43.0% "WHAT??? *jaw hits the floor* Prince Colin NEEDS to die, like yesterday!!!"
September 15, 2015 –
54.0% "Oh boy, I'm so scared now..."
September 15, 2015 –
71.0% "I refuse to believe that has happened! My heart cannot take it!"
September 15, 2015 –
79.0% "And now I breathe again! *claps*"
September 15, 2015 –
89.0% "CRAP! OODLES OF CRAP!"
September 15, 2015 – Finished Reading