Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Taking Back Sunday

Taking Back Sunday by Cristy Rey

3382002

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, review-4-author

So I have another new series I love. This is such an interesting book, because not everything follows the "norms" of the supernatural. You have a woman, who is let's say in lamens terms a very powerful witch. She has been on the run for a very long time. From the people who kidnapped her when she was a teenager. Now, she's made a life for herself, with friends, and the people she was running from have found her. Except not everything is as it seems.

Sunday is an incarnate, which is like a witch but more. She is the embodiment of power, all smashed into her little self. And when she can't control that power, things blow up, people die, toasters fly, hehehe. Or so everyone believes. She was kidnapped and tortured by a very power hungry woman. That same woman made the entire supernatural community believe that Sunday is evil and will kill everyone. All Sunday wants is to be normal and left alone. But she can't remember everything from her past, including where she was kidnapped from, and who she really is. And then two things happen to spin her life back into chaos. She lets her new friends bring her to a witch coven meeting, and she feels someone evil plotting against these nice people. AND then she meets Cyrus, a werewolf, who happens to feel that Sunday is his mate, even if he's supposed to re-kidnap her and take her to her doom. She just wanted to keep her friends safe, and instead she's put her head back on the chopping block. I like her, alot! She is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her friends safe from harm, even if it means dying herself. And then this crazy attraction to Cyrus.

Cyrus is a werewolf, who's a tracker. He's been tracking Sunday for a very long time. He was actually the one who found her the first time she was kidnapped and brought her to the mad woman. He never quite got over the fact that his bringing her there got her tortured. At first, he truly believed Sunday was the evil people he was told about. But when he finds her, touches her, gets to know her, he finds that she's not evil at all, and all that hate and rage he was holding on to, is a moot point because she's his mate. So now he's in a big pickle. Does he protect his mate, or finish the mission he has been on and put her in mortal danger? And is he going to help her with the evil witch, or just let everyone die that Sunday cares about to get his mission done? And just when you think things aren't over the top crazy enough, another plot twist will blow your mind!!

This story had me glued to the pages. I needed to know what would happen. I cheered for Sunday, I prayed for Cyrus, and I had hope for something good to come from this. The writing is fantastic. And I can't believe the ending. Oh man, my heart hurts. And this is only the beginning. I am jumping right into book two because this is gunna be even more epic than the first story, I just know it :) 5 MAGICALLY WOLFY PAWS!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Back Sunday.

October 4, 2014 – Shelved