Wulfwyn 's Reviews > For the Love of Mercy

For the Love of Mercy by Leta Gail Doerr

bookshelves: owned, favorites, series
Recommended to Wulfwyn by: A friend
Recommended for: Contemporary Romance Fans

I love the Bluegrass Country series. It is set in one of my favorite states. For the Love of Mercy picks up where For the Love of Big Orange left off yet it is its own book. That means if you didn't read big Orange you can still enjoy Mercy, (though I recommend you read Big Orange - good story and has good background for this book).
In Mercy we meet Jax. He was adopted. He has some issues from that and also from just being spoiled. He is what I would call the typical spoiled, rich BOOK kid. I know plenty of "rich" kids in real life who are not typically spoiled. Jax accidentally finds out that he has a birth sister he did not know about, (or actually does not remember). He is angry that he was not told about her and sets off to find her. This brings him to Kentucky and Mercy Lynn.
Mercy is a down to earth, kind and compassionate woman who takes Jax under her wing. She knows he is searching for something and needs help desperately. What she doesn't know is that he has a diagnosis for a mental issue stemming from his childhood or that she will fall in love with him. The diagnosis could destroy her chances at love.
Both Jax and Mercy Lynn are likable characters. The story revolves around them but also around Emma, Jax's sister. Emma is from the first book For the Love of Big Orange. It was wonderful to see her and Lacie Jo again. I think the author did a phenomenal job continuing Emma's story without letting it overtake Jax and Mercy Lynn's story.
I would recommend this book to readers of romance. It has drama, humor and love. I found it to be an enjoyable, down to earth, home style book. I was easily able to read it in a day. I can't wait for, "For The Love of Justice", to come out!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For the Love of Mercy.

September 4, 2014 – Started Reading