Bj's Reviews > Fierce

Fierce by Nina  Levine

bookshelves: arc, 2014, mc-romance, 4-stars

4 "Hot Chemistry" Stars! Loved the banter between this biker couple! This is my first Nina Levine title, but I guarantee it will not be my last. Fierce is a great book if you're looking for a quick, sexy MC read that is not too dark. I also loved the alpha MC hero and the altruistic heroine.

As this is the second book in the Storm MC series, it is worth noting that it is possible to read Fierce as a standalone, given that the love life of the hero and heroine is resolved. All that said, there is definitely some carry-over of club business from the prior book, which while well explained, means that this series is probably best read in order if you plan on reading it in its entirety.

Scott Cole, the VP of the Storm Motorcycle Club, is straddling a tough line. He loves his MC, but is not very happy with some of the decisions his father, the Storm MC President, has made. If there is one thing he is, however, is devoted and loyal. He will do anything for those that he loves, including his MC and his family. Commitment, however, is not his thing, and he doesn’t see himself settling down … now, or well, ever. This is especially given that, in his experience, women are really more after what he can provide, as a Storm MC officer, rather than truly into him.

Then Scott meets a sweet country girl, Harlow James. She’s a receptionist at the vet, that is until he gets her fired, with his cocky, bossy, alpha nature. Harlow clearly hasn’t been around bikers before. Nonetheless, she is not afraid of him, even if she quickly forms her own opinions of what he stands for. Scott finds her immensely intriguing though, an attraction which becomes even more “fierce” the more he gets to know her; and soon there is no denying that they both want each other.

Harlow is initially guarded, however, having previously had bad luck in the love department, and convinced that falling for Scott will only lead to further disappointment. When life, however, happens and they become inextricably involved in each other’s personal lives, they get to know their true selves. But danger—as always in the MC world—is nearby and soon pays them a visit. Will Scott turn his fierce loyalty towards Harlow? Even if he wants to protect her, will he be successful? Moreover, once Harlow, the sweet country girl, gets a taste of Scott’s outlaw world, will she run for the hills?

This is a great opposites attract MC romance. Perhaps my favorite part was seeing Harlow’s true nature come to life under Scott’s influence. She just floored me with some of her dirty talk, which not only managed to astound and drive Scott crazy, but also may very well have been even hotter and dirtier than Scott’s!

I’m definitely looking forward to reading more of the Storm MC series, including Scott’s half-brother’s (Blade’s) story, which Nina Levine is releasing this coming November!

Source: Review copy provided in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fierce.

October 3, 2014 – Shelved
October 5, 2014 – Started Reading
October 6, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) Great review Bj ;)

message 2: by Bj (new) - rated it 4 stars