Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)'s Reviews > Mud Vein

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher

bookshelves: angst, book-boyfriend, emotionally-disturbing, mind-f-k, ugly-cry

Darn you Tarryn.....Darn you to Hell
(Insert evil clapping dude)
slow clap photo: Slow Clap GIF Slow-Clap.gif

I HATE you, but I also LOVE you so much Who do you think you are?? How dare you throw those curve balls and smash all my hopes and dreams of a happily ever after out the window!! GAH
My brain is sometimes like a rogue Rubik's cube. It twists until it finds a pattern

I wanted to throw in the towel at 25%, I wanted to end the madness my mind couldn't quite grasp. Luckily my fellow GR-ers told me to keep going, not to quit. No one likes a quitter right? RIGHT? So I stuck to it, and I am both happy and disappointed that I did. One I couldn't disrespect Miss Fisher that way, and Two it freaking Tarryn Fisher for Pete's sake!! The story was written beautifully. Astonishing really. The mind of Senna drove me mad. I hated her mostly. Then in the end I Loved her.
What really was her story? What did Nick do to damage her beyond repair? I understand she had mommy issues, her body was violated both by force and by chance. She was selfish, stubborn and was actually very brilliant however her character depicted a woman of few words. At times I thought there was so much fluff or beautiful words the content of the story lacked.
Fluffy photo: FLUFFY tumblr_liwny4GeWA1qztwte.gif
It was almost anticlimactic in the end, I wanted MORE (I am selfish like that). However I ended up giving 4 stars because I could not put it down. It was just to beautifully written. I wanted Isaac to end up on top. I loved him! "Simplicity speaks the loudest". This book was simple yet it made your mind wander in space constantly replaying on repeat until you went crazy. I had so many other endings. I thought I knew for sure who the kidnapper was. I was wrong (obviously) and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. I kind of wanted to know her story crazy twat.

In the end, I loved it. I would highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mud Vein.

October 2, 2014 – Shelved
October 2, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
April 7, 2016 – Started Reading
April 9, 2016 –
20.0% "Let me tell you about one of my pet peeves. Author's that intend to build anticipation. However they draw it out wayyyy to long, and reference important parts with no details about it."
April 9, 2016 –
April 13, 2016 –
April 13, 2016 – Shelved as: angst
April 13, 2016 – Shelved as: book-boyfriend
April 13, 2016 – Shelved as: emotionally-disturbing
April 13, 2016 – Shelved as: mind-f-k
April 13, 2016 – Shelved as: ugly-cry
April 13, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Anna Serene (new)

Anna Serene Oh Meagan! That "evil clapping dude" is Orson Welles from Citizen Kane! lmao My film nerd/student status compelled me to correct you. I am truly sorry :D

Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog) Well he still looks evil haha!

message 3: by Anna Serene (new)

Anna Serene I'll give you that lol