Jackie's Reviews > City of Heavenly Fire

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

F 50x66

My actual rating of this book is a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
That said, no book or series for that matter has a perfect ending, however, Cassandra Clare came pretty damn close.
Honestly, this book could have ended the Shadowhunter world and I would have been fine with it. I mean I would have had many questions, but that happens with any book.
(view spoiler)
I can't wait for Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare to come out!
What are your thoughts?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Heavenly Fire.

October 1, 2014 – Started Reading
October 1, 2014 – Shelved
October 1, 2014 –
page 263
36.28% "I'm loving it!"
October 2, 2014 –
page 283
39.03% "<3 "'I think there's a part of us, separate even from our will or our minds, and it was that part he couldn't touch. It was never really exactly me, and he knew that. He wants to be liked, or really loved, for what he is, genuinely. But he doesn't think he has to change to be worthy of being loved; instead he wants to change the whole world, change humanity, make it in to something that loves him.'""
page 295
page 314
page 354
October 4, 2014 –
page 370
51.03% "Finally reached part two!"
October 4, 2014 –
page 388
October 5, 2014 –
page 419
57.79% "Spoiler Alert: As usual, the action is building up quite nicely. I'm especially loving the different points of view in Edom. I like reading from Jocelyn's view as a prisoner, and from Clary, Jace, Alec, Izzy, and Simon as they journey through Edom."
October 11, 2014 –
page 447
October 14, 2014 –
page 473
65.24% "Maia, I love you and your way of thinking. Magnus! I need to know who your father is. Loved the scene with Sebastian and Jocelyn. The way its written and the tension. Oh, the tension! Raphael you are one of my favorite characters."
October 16, 2014 –
page 503
69.38% "his book is more amazing by the word! <spoiler>I almost cried when Izzy was hurt! I felt so bad for all of the characters. But what Simon did was amazing and I still don't fully understand it. How did this happen? Did I miss something earlier that gave him this power? Oh, and Raphael...Are you going to die?</spoiler>"
October 18, 2014 –
page 515
71.03% "This is a real big character development in Alec. I love seeing his vulnerable yet nice side. You can tell it took a lot for him to offer himself up to Simon."
October 18, 2014 –
page 535
73.79% "Four of my favorite quotes: Izzy: "You have a book that's also a face?" (532). Alec: "WHY CAN'T YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO DO THESE HORRIBLE THINGS? My eyes" (532). "Straight people," Alec declared. "Why can't they control themselves?" (533). "It's a mystery," Simon agreed, and lay back down to sleep (533)."
October 24, 2014 –
page 638
88.0% "I usually don't cry in books, but this one came close. It had so much action within just a few pages I absolutely loved it! I can't wait to finish."
October 26, 2014 – Finished Reading