Ula's Reviews > SLAM

SLAM by Tash McAdam

Starting this novella I was already excited because of the synopsis. I was not ready for such a great story though! I was immediately pulled in and loving it! It's so well written - fluid, descriptive, not boring, action-packed and mysterious. I was in love very early on!
The idea itself is very original and one that I warmed to instantly. I enjoyed the world, the character, the story in the back that drove the main hero forward... It was all very well thought out and I had so much fun reading this. I am super excited for more; I cannot wait to get my hands on the first novel in the series!
It all reminded me about Matrix a bit and it was really cool. I especially adored the powers the characters had, and also their weaknesses because they weren't all powerful. The whole danger element was pretty awesome, I was at the edge of my seat reading this story and that doesn't happen too often!
Overall it's a great novella (it's more like a short novel in itself!). It's engaging, fast and exciting, it's cool power- and gadget-wise, and I can't wait to see what happens next! The first novel in the series cannot come fast enough at all! I cannot even say much more than this because there is nothing to say! Writing was great, story was great, characters were great
GREAT!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SLAM.

September 30, 2014 – Shelved
September 30, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 8, 2014 – Started Reading
October 11, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Carrie White FYI, the first novel - Maelstrom - will be out in July, 2015. =)