Joood Hooligan's Reviews > Dead Of Winter

Dead Of Winter by Daryl Banner

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book killed me. Not once, but at least three times. It's hard to keep track after two deaths.

I could not put this book down, and I tried. But I couldn't sleep not knowing what was going to happen. I finished it around 3 am, knowing full well I needed to be up at 7:30. I figured once it was over I'd be okay, but I wasn't! I couldn't sleep after it was over. I kept replaying certain scenes... especially the ones at the end. I am functioning on 3 hours of sleep currently.

I cried once. Laughed many more times. Absolutely loved this book. It was better than the first, and that's saying a lot.

Although, if there isn't at least one more book in this series, I will whine - loud and annoyingly.

Highly recommend this series. 5/5 Platypires

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Of Winter.

Quotes Joood Liked

Daryl Banner
“I'd die for you," he repeats, quieter.
"I'd rather you not," I admit with a smile. "I would ... really miss your heartbeat.”

Daryl Banner
“I try to thank him and my jaw falls off.”

Daryl Banner
“Aww, Hel," I say, a smile finding my face. "This is where we met! When I was first Raised, long ago ... you were sweet ... I was screaming ...”

Daryl Banner
“I still can't look at her. Really, when you're talking to someone, you shouldn't be able to see their brain through their forehead; it's just rude.”

Daryl Banner
“I'll be damned," I say, then realize I kinda already am.”

Daryl Banner
“I glance at the stump that remains of my arm. "Damn it, Megan. You made me forget my hand!”

September 30, 2014 – Shelved
September 30, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 30, 2014 – Started Reading
November 2, 2014 –
40.0% "Holy freaking crap balls!"
November 3, 2014 –
53.0% "*dies* This book just killed me. I am dead."
November 4, 2014 – Finished Reading