Liane Marie's Reviews > Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site

Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker

Category: Hardcover

Age: 1-3+ years

Synopsis: With lyrical rhymes and beautiful illustrations, this top-selling book describes what Excavator and his fellow construction crew, including Dump Truck and Bulldozer, do after a long day of “rough-and-tough construction play”: they take a bath, snuggle into their dirt beds, and go to sleep.

Bilingual benefit: This book is like Shakespeare for a lil one obsessed with wheels. The lyrical language rhymes well, is enjoyable to read out loud, and, I hope, will inspire a love of poetry…or perhaps just cement my son’s love of trucks. While the language may seem rather high for a toddler, Israel is one giant construction site and our son loves to point out all the cranes, excavators, and bulldozers. For over a year, this book has been and continues to be a favorite, with regular requests to read and shrieks of joy when I suggest it.

Availability in Israel: This book does not appear to be readily available in Israel but can be shipped directly via Amazon.

Previewing the book: This book is available for preview on Amazon USA. (last checked 30/09/2014).

Lil guy: An all-time favorite.

Mama: Highly recommended. I would buy this again and for a friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site.

Finished Reading