person's Reviews > The Last Battle

The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis

Jun 12, 2010

bookshelves: action-adventure, alternate-universe, fantasy-novels, favorites, summer-2010

C.S. Lewis is a master of the pen. The Chronicles of Narnia have made me feel like a child again, and have made me smile on the inside. They have also made me cry hysterically and laugh out loud. This story is beautiful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Battle.

Quotes person Liked

C.S. Lewis
“I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!”
C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle

person Lizzy wrote: "I really liked the first four, but then the last three were not as great. I'm not saying that they were terrible, its just that the first four were...better."

Yeah, I think I agree with you :) I think the sixth one was my least favorite (not saying it's bad, just that it's my least fav). I think the reason the hast three weren't as good was because the characters grew up. Like in the fifth book, we lost Peter and Susan, and at the end the little mouse guy... in the sixth one Caspian is OLD (and he dies :*( )and in the seventh one Susan is completely gone and Edmund and Lucy and Peter are all grown up and Caspian is mentioned only once!! (Caspian is my favorite character, if you haven't gathered that :D) The last one really did make me cry though... when Narnia died it was so sad and beautiful... :)_

person And honestly, when I looked at the title, I was expecting a... you know... EPIC battle. The battle at the end of Harry Potter was better than this last battle.

person Yeah, Horse and His Boy was definitely my least favorite. I liked the horse Bree but the rest was just kinda pointless in my opinion. I really liked the second and fourth book though :):)

person My favs are Lion, Witch, Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, and Dawn Treader :) Notice how all three have the Pevensies and two have Caspian :)

person Lizzy wrote: "Yeah! And I can't wait for the movie to come out for the Dawn Treader (I just saw the trailer!) Even though I do like the book version of it better."

OH MY GOD there's a trailer out??!!!!!! YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

person lucky! I wanted to see Toy Story 3!! I just saw the trailer for Dawn Treader... what's with Peter and Susan at the end?? They're not supposed to be in this one.

person Lizzy wrote: "They liek being in it :)
well I'm glad they are, actually. I kinda like him and susan :)"

Yeah :) Me too. Not saying I don't want them in the movie, just saying that it probably won't make a lot of sense. Not only are they not in the book, but they said at the end of Prince Caspian the movie that they were never coming back to Narnia...

person Lizzy wrote: "then for some strange reason I think the end of the movie's going to make me cry. :)"

It's not a strange reason. Just the fact that Reepicheep... OH I CAN'T BEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

person <:'(

message 10: by person (last edited Jul 17, 2010 04:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

person Yeah, Peter and Susan aren't in it. Except the very beginning when they mention them going to different places, Susan to America w/parents, and Peter going to study at the Digory guy's house.

But yeah, the trailer was really good. I especially loved the music in it; Chronicles of Narnia has probably the most epic soundtrack of all time!! Plus the guy who plays Caspain is SUPER beautiful...

person Lizzy wrote: "yeah <3
Though, don't ask me why, I also like Pirates of the Carribean sound track too.
but ys, I DEFINITELY agree. The Narnia soundtrack is EPIC x 100000.

I have got to reread the dawn Treader..."

Don't worry I have to hide my head in shame as well. I haven't read the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe since fourth grade... and I was like just actually starting to... like, READ read, like chapter books, not just like kiddie books... so when I read it I sucked at reading and I can't remember anything in it except for the white witch, aslan and the four kids...

person Lizzy wrote: "yeah I remember the movie more than the book. *hides head*"

lol!

*cough* I mean, oh yes. Quite a shame.

*hides head in shame*

person Yeah, I think so too... I really liked the flower petal scene on the water... that looks WAY cool... and Ramandu's daughter, she looked really awesome, and... what were those things called? That had one leg that they hopped around on? Um... I can't remember. Yeah, it just looks really awesome overall, I think :)

person Lizzy wrote: "lol...The hopping scene, because I can't remember what it represents from the book, made me laugh..."

Wasn't it like, monopeds? It was something like that...

person Yeah I really couldn't say... I would have to go look them up. Anyway, I saw Prince Caspian the movie before I started reading the series, and I was all, OMG Caspian isn't Hispanic in the books??! Idk, I thought it was a really good play in the movies to make Caspian Hispanic, don't you think?

person Lizzy wrote: "...huhhh i didnt even think that he was...looolll"

Yeah, he's not Hispanic in the books, but he is in the movies, is what I'm trying to say :)

person Lizzy wrote: "oo k its been a while since I saw the movies...I am disappointed to say I didn't see the movie until they played it on the airplane because my mom didn't want to :("

That stinks! It was so awesome :)

person Lizzy wrote: "i know...it was REALLY awesome...i cried at the end when they left narnia again and my sister was like, WTH ru doing?!"

Yeah, and it didn't help that they were playing Regina Specktor's The Call in the background... I'll come back when you call me... no need to say goodbye... I was just like AWWWW!!! NOO!!!!