Joyzi's Reviews > Masquerade

Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

Jun 12, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: ya-books, author-filipino, fiction, e-book, reviewed, book-series, disappointing-books, vampires, paranormal-romance
Recommended to Joyzi by: Julie, Szam, Gabby and Isamlq
Recommended for: Peeps who don't mind a filler book

Melissa dela Cruz, this is a filler right?

Come on, nothing really happen in this book. I guess I just have to read the next one since many of my friends considered Book 3 as the best out of the series .

I just don't like that majority of the book was all about partying and hooking up (meh that's pretty much it).

I really also don't have a favorite character atm so to speak. None of them really strike me as interesting enough to held my interest. And I just felt that the character are very similar to the other characters of YA books I've already read.

Schuyler= Zoey, Rose, Ever, Clary
Bliss= Lissa
Mimi= Aphrodite
Jack= Edward, Erik, Jace
Oliver= Heath, Simon, Mason
Kingsley= Adrian
Allegra= Clary's Mom

I guessed my disappointment was due to the fact that I've read too many YA books lately and it just so happen that when I've read this one it will always be subjected to comparison and yeah it just that I didn't felt surprised or thrilled. It just so happen that I read it recently so it was just very unfortunate, I can assume that if I read it before Twilight, Vampire Academy or House of Night it can be one of the vampire series I would rate higher.

But still I find the book very sexy and still it was a bit different because it talks more about fashion and the vampires are associated with fallen angels and I really loved the author's writing style it was not annoying and I really like how she describe dresses and gowns that sort of stuff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masquerade.

June 12, 2010 – Shelved
September 23, 2010 – Shelved as: ya-books
September 23, 2010 – Shelved as: author-filipino
January 24, 2011 – Started Reading
January 24, 2011 –
30.0% "As of this moment it was so-so"
January 26, 2011 –
55.0% "I finally met Kingsley :)"
January 27, 2011 – Shelved as: fiction
January 27, 2011 – Shelved as: e-book
January 27, 2011 – Shelved as: reviewed
January 27, 2011 – Finished Reading
February 3, 2011 – Shelved as: book-series
February 9, 2011 – Shelved as: disappointing-books
October 25, 2011 – Shelved as: vampires
November 30, 2011 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance

Julie patience my dear friend ^^ haha

makakarating karin lol

Julie I assume you're liking him haha

Joyzi Medyo, I can't tell masyado pang maaga, pero si Bliss ang ka-love team niya?

Julie Joyzi >.< don't force me to spoil it for you! LOLS

basta oo o hindi lang okay? haha nope not bliss! wahahahaha

Joyzi Ah so si Schuyler, uhhhm baka si Mimi

Julie S-E-C-R-E-T HEHEHEHEHEHEHE XD

Joyzi so it's either Schuyler or Mimi? Kala ko pa naman sila ni Bliss

Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical) Whoa, whoa, whoa. Jack is NOTHING compares to Jace, LOL! You can't even compare the two! Jack is just meh. Jace is ...*bursts into flame*

Joyzi Maybe because they're both blond and fallen angel? But I'm not into Jack really, I don't really care about any of the boys here

Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical) Joyzi (the unofficial goodreads mascot) wrote: "Maybe because they're both blond and fallen angel? But I'm not into Jack really, I don't really care about any of the boys here"

Yeah, okay, I'll give you that! I'm not into any of the guys in this series either--or the girls, for that matter, which is why I could only get though the first book (barely).

Joyzi I think the book 1 was better than book 2, but still since lots of my friends here have been a follower of the series I guess I need to continue reading this one.

Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical) Hehe, good luck with that. Hope it gets better. :)

Joyzi Yeah they say it gets better in book 3

Cienne Olaes i kind of agree with you joyzi... but i honestly don't understand why i appreciate the book despite the "kulang" factor... perhaps, the concept though similar, is quite unique too... and it's an easy read, i like that chapters are mostly 3-5 pages on average... i like the mystery and gradual feed of information...

Joyzi Yeah that's what I like about it too it's a pretty short read and still it can give you that teenage drama entertainment.

Julie agree! adrian is much like Kingsley ^^ buti nalang nakabasa nako ng VA!

Denisa LOL wait until you read the next book, you won't think Bliss is like Lissa ;)

Joyzi Really? Now I'm curious about Bliss

Julie mas malakas ang chance na magustuhan mo ang 3rd book joyzi ^^

Joyzi Oo nga e parang ang dami nga nagsasabi nun ^^

message 21: by Faye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Faye it's been awhile since nabasa ko to and frankly, i remember the book 1 and book 4 better since i owned the copy of book one and book 4 has more kingsley appearances, hahaha.

Julie you nailed it faye ^^

@joyzi: syempre naman! para ma motivate ka namin na ituloy pa ang series :D

yung kinaganda kasi ng third book eh the title justifies the content kaya yan na muna ang aking ishe-share sayo :)

message 23: by Faye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Faye haha.*apir @ julie*

yeah, but most of it is just a so-so..

Joyzi Oo nga e parang me big revelation dun ^^

message 25: by Faye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Faye haha, kala mo kung ano mangyayari eh noh? pero ngustuhan ko ung book 4..

Julie Joyzi (the unofficial goodreads mascot) wrote: "Oo nga e parang me big revelation dun ^^"

tama! :)

@faye: apir! XD

message 27: by Faye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Faye @julie, excited ako mabasa na ni joyzi un book4.. haha. (because of the hottie named kingsley..) haha!

Julie @faye: oo nga eh, gusto ko makita reaction ni joyzi sa book 3 and 4 particularly :D

message 29: by Faye (new) - rated it 4 stars

Faye hahaha. parang minamadali na natin si joyzi basahin eh. haha!

Julie okay lang yan, the flash naman si joyzi sa pagbabasa :)) *bully-mode*

Therealbadkitty Oh and btw Clary's mom's name is Jocelyn :) just thought you'd like to know