Glenda's Reviews > The Lies We Told

The Lies We Told by Diane Chamberlain

Jun 11, 2010

bookshelves: books-read-in-2010
Read from June 16 to 20, 2010

Maya and Rebecca Ward are both accomplished physicians, but that's where the sisters' similarities end. As teenagers, they witness their parents' murder. Both keep silent about details surrounding their parents' deaths as they struggle to put their lives back together. This tragedy leaves Maya cautious and timid, settling for a sedate medical practice with her husband Adam, while Rebecca becomes the risk taker, working for a disaster relief organization.
I loved the characters Simmee and Lady Alice. This whole part of the story was captivating and incredibly well written. Believable people in extreme circumstances. Simmee's secret caught me by surprise, and that is what I love about Chamberlain's writing!
I really enjoyed this story of family, lies and disaster. The chapters alternate point of view between the two sisters, Maya and Rebecca.
This book has many unexpected twists and turns and an ending I did not expect. Diane Chamberlain has a way of catching my attention and I have to continue reading to find out what happens next. I am a fan!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lies We Told.

09/25/2016 marked as: read