Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Everlasting

Everlasting by Candace Knoebel

3382002

bookshelves: fantasy, new-adult, paranormal, xpresso-book-tours, young-adult

Ms Knoebel is a little bit of a genius!! I loved her Born in Flames trilogy. Wait let me explain, I loved the first two, bought book three and haven’t read it because I don’t want it to end! Hahaha but anyways, when she came out with this one, I wasn’t sure what to think. Well now I think it’s marvelous!! I am so pumped that this new series is so awesome, I may just have to bite the bullet and read the last of the flames trilogy so I can salivate over this one!! It’s such a unique take on the world of witches and magic and I’m thrilled for her that her new endeavor is just as good as the last!! With a little magic, a lot of chaos, some major secrets, and a romance to die for, you can’t go wrong here!

Faye thought her whole life was over, she didn’t have powers like everyone else in her family, or her best friend. So on the big day of the revealing, you’re either a witch or a hunter, who share a bond with the opposite, she finds she’s not a Defect after all. She’s in a heap load of trouble because her goodies were just hidden and now her life is endangered because of that. Man, I’m blown away with what Ms Knoebel puts poor Faye through. One madness after another and no one seems to understand half of her crap. Her character is quite amazing and she had amazing growth, and I think my heart hurts for her. She’s fierce and she definitely kicks ass but I’d cry a whole lot more if I were her lol!

Her best friend Katie is fantastic, her love interest in Jaxen is freaking heart wrenching, he fun banter with Jaxen’s brother Gavin is quite hilarious, and their witches, Cassie and Jezi, well there’s still some work to be done there. Jaxen is your perfect book boyfriend, he’s HAWT, but a little broken. And he’s pretty awesome even if you wanna slap him sometimes :)

The world building and mystery is amazing. I love how everything started with the witches and the hunters and the supernatural world. The writing is magnificent and I absolutely cannot wait for MORE!! GIMME!!! 5 BLOWN AWAY PAWS!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everlasting.

September 28, 2014 – Started Reading