Kelley's Reviews > Her Sheik Protector

Her Sheik Protector by Linda Conrad

Jun 11, 2010

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, print-books, category-romance

Courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

Rylie Hunt has sworn justice for the people who killed her father and she is convinced she has figured out who is responsible. Now she is in Europe to confront Darin Kadir, the man whose family she blames. Little did she know that when she got there she’d be right in the middle of a centuries-old battle between Middle Eastern tribes.

Darin Kadir lost members of his family in an explosion that destroyed Hunt Drilling and the key members of Kadir Shipping on the date of the grand opening celebration of their new merger. He is certain that ancient enemies of his Bedouin family’s, the Taj Zabbar, are responsible and vows vengeance. The last thing he expected was firecracker Rylie Hunt to appear, blaming Darin for the bomb!

Now it turns out they have a common enemy who will do anything to finish off the Kadirs and anyone close to them. Will Rylie be able to trust Her Sheik Protector to keep her safe? One thing she never expected to lose in this fight was her heart….

As always, Linda Conrad has written a sexy and suspenseful story with Her Sheik Protector, sure to keep you turning paged late into the night, unwilling to miss a thing. I admit to being a little bit cautious beginning this novel as sheiks are so incredibly popular in category romance and I was afraid of more of the same everyone else writes. I should have known better! Linda Conrad always writes uniquely compelling stories, putting her own special spin on common storylines.

Rylie is a tough on the outside but sensitive on the inside woman who lost almost everything important to her in the blast several months prior. She will do almost anything to take care of the family she has left and the people left behind by those killed in the bomb detonation. Darin is something of a reluctant hero, thrust out of his corporate existence into warfare and intelligence gathering. Yet we also understand that he is every bit as dangerous and deadly as his brothers with their military training, when those he loves are thrust into danger. When Rylie and Her Sheik Protector, Darin, get together, sparks are flying everywhere and we find ourselves cheering them on to the discovery that they need each other on the deepest of levels.

We have a fantastic setup here in the form of the centuries old feud between the Taj Zabbars and the Kadirs. We also get a bit of a culture lesson, though not done in a way to feel like we are getting an info dump or lecture, about the nature of the Bedouin tribes, specifually the Kadirs. I personally find learning about other cultures fascinating when presented in this way so I thoroughly enjoyed Her Sheik Protector. And who can resist a journey across Europe fraught with danger and intrigue? Beautiful descriptions of the settings make us feel like we are there with our beloved couple.

Also of note, Darin has two brothers, every bit as sexy and dangerous as he is, if not more. I certainly look forward to finding out more about the clash between the Taj Zabbar and the Kadirs, especially those mysterious Kadir brothers in the Desert Sons series by Linda Conrad. Linda Conrad has never let me down and I know these two upcoming books will be every bit as exciting.

© Kelley A. Hartsell, July 2010. All rights reserved.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Sheik Protector.

June 11, 2010 – Shelved