La La's Reviews > The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Sep 28, 2014

bookshelves: on-my-kindle, on-my-bookshelf

I cannot say enough good things about this book. The Raven Boys puts most other Paranormal YA to shame! The author's way of describing things is beautiful and haunting. Descriptive nuances of sound, light, and tactile images abound. Don't go into this expecting a lot of romance because there isn't much (which was one of the reasons I loved this novel). I also couldn't figure out why people were telling me to push through the first half of this book because I loved it from the first few pages. I have concluded, from talking to these readers after I had finished, that it was because of all the paranormal "sciencey" information the author included, like geology and physics, but I had no problem because I love those things. I think the author's first name Maggie must be short for magnificent.

I was given a finished copy of this book for a guest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven Boys.

Started Reading
January 30, 2014 – Finished Reading
September 28, 2014 – Shelved
September 28, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2015 – Shelved as: on-my-kindle
January 20, 2015 –
10.0% "I like it so far."
January 23, 2015 –
22.0% "I don't know why people were saying that they hope I can make it through The Raven Boys because The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue are really good. I am really liking this book, a lot. I guess that means the next two books will knock my socks off."
January 24, 2015 –