Jeff_§of2014's Reviews > Eyeshield 21, Vol. 5: Powerful

Eyeshield 21, Vol. 5 by Riichiro Inagaki

M 50x66
Jun 11, 2010

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-shelf-seniorita

The book of Eyeshield 21 is about a weak boy named Sena Kobayakawa goes to Deimon Private Senior High School, where his childhood friend Mamori Anezaki went to school the year before. His only special ability is his running speed which came from a school life spent complying with the demands of bullies. It was revealed later that a friend, Riku, taught him how to run fast to help him against bullies. His skill was recognized by the high school football team captain Yoichi Hiruma, who forces Sena to join the Deimon Devil Bats as its running back. Like every high school there were bullies, and this deadly trio was called the Hah Hah Brothers, they picked on Sena until he decided to stand up for himself one day. He pulled pranks on the bullies with his speed and without them knowing. Soon after, they joined the football team in hopes of getting back at him.
I can connect this to any average bully because in almost every bullet scenario, they have their fun picking on the weaker people but then they will rise against the bullies to beat them and they will usually bond after that
I rate this book 1 star because my opinion has changed on this book, I thought it was pretty decent but it was the same prodigy based thing where this one guy can do something physically better than the rest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eyeshield 21, Vol. 5.