Avnish Anand's Reviews > Danish Dynamite: The Story of Football’s Greatest Cult Team

Danish Dynamite by Rob Smyth

Sep 27, 2014

bookshelves: football

This Danish side was one of those mythical sides, which was blessed and cursed at the same time. A team beloved by all football romantics whose failure to win anything significant doesn't diminish their historical status, rather adds to it.

I am one of those romantics which caught them towards the very end. But I have heard so much about them and they are mentioned by football writers all the time. But until this book came along, there wasn't any resource to get to know this team in detail.

Now that wait is over. I pre - booked this as soon as it was possible to do so and finished it in one go. This is a brilliant story - interspersed with glorious highs and heart breaking lows. The book captures all of it nicely and introduces us to the characters who made that happen.

It is also a good introduction to Danish life and their approach to football. Now just waiting for someone to write a similar book about Tele Santana's 1982 Brazilian team.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Danish Dynamite.

Finished Reading