Amy's Reviews > My Name Is Memory

My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** I started out really enjoying this book. However, the last 1/4 of the book ruined it for me. Brashares made it too long of a process of Lucy and Daniel finally meeting up again (the near misses and being miserable without each other for so long was just not necessary). THEN she brings in the whole section of the brother...which I found fascinating when he was just returning into Daniel's life as a villain and thought the whole triangle relationship storyline from the beginning was intriguing...but she lost me when the brother starts "shapeshifting". The ending was just tacked on with no thought other than "I'll turn this into a trilogy." Superhuman strength in swimming....together long enough to finally be intimate. This book could have stood alone, period, if Brashares would have taken the time to fully develop the ending. A triology could be made from the future lives of the characters...at least give us some closure on Lucy and Daniel. I will say it has the potential for a great movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Name Is Memory.

Started Reading
June 10, 2010 – Shelved
June 10, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Janelle The ending was so rushed and ridiculous! I was so disappointed because I felt like the book could have been really great.

Resa ugh. I completely agree. I wrote a review but couldnt find the right words to describe why I thought the book was a FAIL. Thank you.

Stephanie I completely agree. The book was great until the ending when it fell off the rails. It definitely reads like a movie script though.