Gabriel's Reviews > The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists

M 50x66
Jun 10, 2010

bookshelves: school-09-10
Read in May, 2010

"The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists" is a book full of adventure and witty humor. It makes fun of all the pirate cliches. A crew of pirates go exploring the seas looking for treasure. They bump into Charles Darwin who is on a quest to show how chimps can be like humans. This ends up turing into one big hilarious adventure.

A text to world connection I have is between the pirates in the book and the pirates that exist in the real world. These pirates are alike because the pirates from the real world often had battles the way the pirates in the book did. The government was always on their backs just like how the pirates in the book were trying to avoid policemen. This is a text to world connection because it is between the book and the real world.

This was a good book because it was fun to read. The adventure was full of twists and comedy that is why I gave it 4 stars. I would recommend this to people who like pirate books. Also if you like funny books this book is very funny . Overall I thought it was a good book was interesting to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists.