Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Isis, Vampires and Ghosts - Oh My!

Isis, Vampires and Ghosts - Oh My! by Janis Hill

3382002

bookshelves: bewitching-book-tours, fantasy, paranormal

This one is a very interesting new take on vampires, and the troubles they cause. As well as, ridiculous family members and the lengths you will go for them :) And on the side, it’s not just paranormal people hunting down vampires, think old school dracula, where normal, religious people use their beliefs and their will to fight the evil. The case here it the Goddess Isis, her followers, rid the world of vampires, but not the lovely Edward Cullen- no I don’t like him- or my fav Jean Claude-from Anita Blake- this is a disease and parasite that becomes a complete killing machine. Very intriguing about my love/hate relationship with vampers right :)

Stephanie starts the story on her way to bury her sister, who has been a bad new, pain in the @$$, bratty little sister. She comes off a little cold at first because she is relieved that her sister died, until you realize all the bad things her sister really did. LOL And then she meets the church people, and poof, her sister is dead, but not, and is attached to a very old, very evil vampire, and she needs to help rescue that bad sister all over again. It’s hilarious, all the things Stephanie says in her head while the priestess is explaining all of this to her. Stephanie has a fantastic sarcastic side, and she’s not as cold as she wants to seem.

Estella, the baby sister in rescue, Trishna, the over the top funny ghost of a monk who follows them, and of course the Mr Brandwyre, are our secondary characters, and with Stephanie, they made the story. The ridiculously hilarious curses that flew from their mouths, and the things they did, it made the story so awesome. Estella even gets to redeem herself to Stephanie, and the bad guy well, he’s still a bad guy so I won’t tell you :)

The writing flows well, and major props for finding some fresh creativity to go around vampires and the religious part, I thought would bother me, made it more interesting. I am definitely gunna watch out for book two, as this one was so much fun! 4.5 PAWS!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Isis, Vampires and Ghosts - Oh My!.

September 26, 2014 – Started Reading
September 26, 2014 – Shelved
October 5, 2014 – Shelved as: bewitching-book-tours
October 5, 2014 – Shelved as: fantasy
October 5, 2014 – Shelved as: paranormal
October 5, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Janis (new)

Janis Hill Thanks again for the review and for featuring me on your blog Happy Tales and Tails. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.