Evette's Reviews > Fractured Lines

Fractured Lines by Jen McLaughlin

liked it

I have missed Finn and Carrie. Fast forward time and we find them back in a place neither can handle and rocky wouldn’t even begin to describe the terrain.

This book had a very different feel, more sexual, more anger, more pain perhaps? The description of Finn’s PTSD is so clear. His pain broke my heart. But again why not bring Carrie in, why hold er so far away and allow the rift to grow?

Don’t get me started on Carrie. She drove me crazy! Not because she is a therapist, not because she is scared, but with the way she is so completely untrusting and seems ready to walk away. Past behavior doesn’t always predict future behavior. She comes across as so immature that I found it difficult to care about her. What she goes through is unimaginable, but instead of growing together and finding the strength in each other she pushes him away. Not so cool, where are those vows? What about the promises? If everything she is afraid of is true, then maybe she shouldn’t be with Finn??

There were still many tears for me as a reader. Who doesn’t want a HEA for the characters that have come to mean so much? But the connection between Finn and Carrie was tenuous at best for me. The sex was awkward and the story line stilted, so much painful push and pull. Story felt incomplete, yet gave some closure to their pain.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fractured Lines.

September 26, 2014 – Shelved